1. We all know how every Packer fan is going to cringe when they see Favre trot out onto Lambeau Field wearing a purple 4. As a Viking fan, I know what it's like to cringe, and I still remember how I cringed at just the thought of Randy Moss becoming a Packer.
2. We were a quarterback away from being a Super Bowl team last year.
3. Few things would be as exciting as driving across Wisconsin in a purple Favre jersey (over a bullet-proof vest) and stopping at every town, getting out, and walking down the middle of the street.
4. If he fails, so what? What are we risking?
5. If anyone thinks Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels is going to lead us to the Super Bowl, I've got some ocean front property in North Dakota I'd like to sell you.
6. Hating Brett Favre because he is a former Packer is just stupid. The Packers are evil, not Favre. He was evil when he was a Packer. He can be forgiven. In Vikingdom, you are justified by purple alone. He can be redeemed for everything he ever did wrong in one season. Or not. And then he can go back to being a former Packer.
7. Even if we don't win the Super Bowl with Favre, which we probably won't, it would be worth it if we beat the Packers with their own quarterback. Heck, we could go 2-14 and the season would be a success if those two wins came against the Pack.
8. Favre had a pretty good run during the first half of the year last year with the Jets and then tired out down the stretch. We play the Packers in week 4 and week 8 this year. I'll take half a good season with Favre over a full mediocre season from T-Jack.
9. Yes, Favre thinks it's all about him. Let him think that if it helps the Vikings. I don't care what it does for his ego. This is about Minnesota versus Wisconsin. This is about who gets to cross the river and hold their head up. After the season he can go back to Mississippi and fish.
10. If everything works out the way we'd like it to, and Brett Favre is standing on the podium in February hoisting the Vince Lombardi trophy in a Vikings uniform, that would be the end of the Viking-Packer rivalry for good. The Vikings would hold the upper hand in the rivalry and the Packers would have to pack up and move out of the division. Nothing else could ever top it. And I would never have to watch another sporting event again, for I will have seen it all.